MTM manufactures two types of hand terminals. These terminals are used in security applications such as ID or label verification and capable of confirming authenticity online or offline from a database These devices also check the other security parameters.
Hand Terminal for ID Verification:
- Reading data embedded in a contact or contactless chip ID card,
- Comparing the data against the database for authorization,
- Optionally, the device is capable of displaying the card owner’s photograph for further improving the control,
- Keeping logs of ID verification,
- Operational temperature range from -20 to +70oC.
Hand Terminals for Label Verification:
- These devices are used to verify the authenticity of holographic labels that have security features and 2D barcode.
- They can read the data matrix code on the label.
- In addition, they can read the taggant signature on the label simultaneously.
- By retrieving and displaying the label data either online or from its integrated database offline, the device allows the user to verify the authenticity of the holographic label.
- Optionally, the device is also capable of appending geographical coordinates to the verification data and sending the back to the central system.